LSG Bryanston 2020 is CANCELLED
For information on the Virtual International Summer School, click here
It is with deep regret that yesterday we reached the decision that it will not be possible for us to run our International Summer School at Bryanston this August.
This decision has been based on the latest advice from the UK Government on the restrictions likely to remain in place through the summer months as well as our primary concern to provide a safe environment for all participants at Bryanston. It was already clear that international travel restrictions would have made it difficult, if not impossible, for many from abroad to attend so we examined the viability of a UK-based only course. Whilst that could have been viable, we remained very concerned about the risk of infection amongst the participants and social distancing measures changing the Bryanston experience and benefit. In the circumstances a clear decision, taken earlier than we originally intended, was considered necessary to allow everyone to adjust their summer plans accordingly. We hope that you understand and will no doubt share our extreme disappointment.
However, there is some good news:
- Karina MacAlpine is looking into the feasibility of running a Virtual International Summer School (VISS) in some form or other. She will communicate about this as soon as possible with information on the programme and costs but it would run in the original LSG Bryanston 2020 week i.e. Monday 17thAugust to Friday 21st August.
- Next year’s LSG International Summer School at Bryanston will take place from Sunday, 15th August to Sunday 22nd August 2021 and we are pleased to offer you the following options due to this year’s cancellation:
(a) Transfer of your confirmed places to next year and retention of your deposit – avoid the nerve wracking rush for places in February 2021.
There will be no need to re-enter your applications as we will copy them to the 2021 system and you will be able to update them next year. To accept this option, just email your decision to Philip – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have already paid in full for this year, we will refund the balance of fees to you (less bank transfer charges) so as to just retain the deposit – please email Philip with your bank account details (see below).
(b) Refund of your deposit and any fees paid (less bank transfer charges) but your places will only be provisionally held for next year (no need to re-enter applications); to be confirmed when deposit paid in 2021.
Please email Philip to accept this option and supply your bank account details (see below). A reminder to pay the deposit to secure your places will be sent in January 2021 before we open to new applications.
(c) Cancellation of places and refund of deposit and any fees paid (less bank transfer charges).
This can be done via your online applications (or you can email Philip with your decision). To cancel – logon on to your applications and use the Cancel tick box for each application on the dashboard page. If you subsequently decide to attend next year, you will have to re-apply and pay the deposit when we open for new applications in February. Please supply your bank account details (see below).
(d) Those students who would have been in their final year at Bryanston this year will be allowed to attend next year, if they wish to do so.
Please select one of the options above to indicate your intention.
(e) Those on the Waiting List, mainly for the Piano course, will have priority for confirmed places to take the place of families that cancel.
Philip will email you to offer these places which would be secured by the payment of the deposit or retention of it if previously paid.
All attendees of the LSG International Summer School are required to register and complete the Application Form (click on the Application Form link highlighted below). This is to ensure that we have all the required information to meet your needs, including accommodation, travel, medical and dietary requirements. This applies to all student families, Faculty, Stewards, BSI staff and Teacher Trainees, Observers and Traders.
If you attended the course last year, you can use your 2019 logon and password to sign in again. Please click on the Application Form and then on Registration Form at the top left of the next screen. Enter your logon (email address) and password and click on Sign In. If you have forgotten your password enter your logon and click on Forgot Password to reset it. Your contact details will load into the application form automatically but please check that they are still correct.
If you are a new applicant or did not attend last year, it is necessary to create a new logon and password for yourself. Please click on the Application Form and then on Registration Form at the top left of the next screen. You can then create your own logon (use your email address) and password and click on Create Account. The first application page by then appear, enter your contact details before moving onto the rest of the application pages.
Please complete your own application after registering your logon and password by clicking on your name on the Dashboard screen and filling in the rest of the information sections. After completing the Medical section, click on Save and then Submit Your Application. You can then add more applications for your family members – click on Add Person on the Dashboard screen. After completing all applications, click on Pay Deposit to use the online payment system or click on Payment by Bank Transfer or Cheque at the bottom of the Dashboard screen. Your applications will then have been submitted. [Faculty members: please click on the Submit button at the bottom of the Dashboard screen].
Step by step Guidance Notes are available (click on the appropriate link below) to help you complete the Application process. Please use them.
Please log back into the application form to update/amend bookings that have received a confirmation email from Philip Wake. All updates must be submitted by 1st July.
- All Students are expected to attend the whole course.
- If you are aware in advance that you may have to leave the course for a period of time we would appreciate if you could email us directly (before applying) at email@example.com to advise the reason, exact day and time when you need to leave and when you expect to return.
- Please note that any absences will be taken into consideration when allocating places on the course as absences will disrupt all the Groups the student is involved in.
PLEASE APPLY HERE:
Deadline for enrolment is May 1st 2020
(But a Waiting List will be set up before this date if parts of the course become over-subscribed, which is highly likely)
Use the same Logon and password to send your solo recordings by July 1st.
Each student’s top piece must be confirmed by the July 1st.
Car registration details must be updated before arrival.
Payment Methods (see also Costs page)
Please pay a deposit of £100 per fee paying person on application by one of the methods shown below.
Your places on the course will not be confirmed until this payment has been received.
Online payment is recommended using the TakePayments/BarclayCard secure system. Click on the Pay Deposit by card box at the bottom of the Application Dashboard screen.
This system can also be used to pay the Balance of fees by 15th June 2020. Log back into the Application Form and click on the Pay Balance box at the bottom of the dashboard screen.
Bank transfer electronic payments should be made to the London Suzuki Group account at:
Lloyds Bank PLC,
64 High Street,
Surrey, KT19 8AT,
Sort Code: 30-80-33
Account number: 23790360
Payments from abroad will need IBAN code: GB69LOYD30803323790360 and/or BIC code: LOYDGB21722.
Please use your Family Group Name as the reference for all payments.
Cheques payments should be made out to the London Suzuki Group and sent to Philip Wake, 43 North Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1NF
Terms and Conditions
By ticking the Acceptance box and submitting the application form you are agreeing to the following Terms & Conditions:
- Course Fees and Payments
- Pay £100 per fee-paying person as a deposit on registering (if your booking cannot be confirmed due to the course being full, your deposit will be refunded in full)
- Pay the balance of fees by 15th July 2020
- Cancellation after your place(s) have been confirmed and by 1stMay 2020 may result in the loss of all or part of your Deposit, if your place(s) cannot be filled
- Cancellation from 1stMay 2020 onwards will result in the loss of your Deposit
- Cancellation after 15thJune 2020 will result in the loss of your fee payments if your place(s) cannot be filled from the Waiting List.
- Considerate behaviour is expected of all course participants at all times
- Take full responsibility for the children you bring while on the Bryanston School site and on an excursion trip
- Take full responsibility for your child or children when using the swimming pool or equipment in the Sports Centre
- Ensure that your teenage child or children, whether accompanied or unaccompanied on the course, understand the requirement for good and considerate behaviour, and the absolute zero tolerance of their use of alcohol, drugs or any form of smoking. They must carry out the instructions of the Teenage House wardens and other course staff. The LSG reserves the right to require teenagers breaking these rules to leave the course during the week and to ban such teenagers from attending the course in future.
- You will be held responsible for any damage you or your child or children cause to the property of Bryanston School or the LSG, and the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to you.
- Videoing and Photography
- Authorise the London Suzuki Group to use photographic and video images of your child or children for recognition, training or promotional purposes
- The fact that all concerts will be filmed and may be publicly published on YouTube normally within 24 hours; this is so that you can quickly share with friends and family, and in the future search and find the performance. For privacy and protection only the performers first name will be announced and comments are moderated. Opting out is permitted for soloists only by prior arrangement.
- Privacy and Data Protection