Registrations for the LSG International Summer School 2024, to be held 18-25 August, opened at 12:00 (Noon) 6th February 2024 for pianist families and reached capacity at 1120 on 7th February when a Waiting List was put into operation. Families for this course should still apply to be included on the Waiting List as places do usually become available later as families’ plans change. Please submit your applications without paying the Deposit by clicking on the Pay by Bank Transfer button but not arranging any bank transfer.
At 12:00 (Noon) 12th February 2024 the application system will open for string players and everyone else.
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE REGISTRATION / APPLICATION LINKS BELOW BEFORE THESE DATES AS YOUR APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE VALID AND WILL BE DELETED.
The Guidance text below has been updated.
ANY NEW FAMILIES INTERESTED IN THE SUMMER SCHOOL WHO WISH TO BE INCLUDED IN THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL LIST, PLEASE EMAIL: [email protected]
REGISTRATION PROCESS (Please read before you start the process)
(a) Everyone wishing to attend the summer school in whatever capacity must complete an application form.
Please complete the online registration form to create an account for yourself (and your family) and then complete your application before adding applications for each member of your family wishing to attend and pay the deposit due. You must enter the parent’s application first even if your child is attending as an unaccompanied teenager. Your playing child’s instrument and level and the Emergency Contact information (on each application) are required fields so you will not be able to submit your bookings until these fields are completed. Your places will be confirmed by email on receipt of the deposit payment provided there are still places available on that part of the course.
(b) If you still have a carried forward deposit from 2020 or 2021 please complete the application process for all your family but do not use the online payment system to pay the required Deposit shown on the dashboard screen. To submit your applications, please click on the Payment by Bank Transfer or cheque text link on the dashboard screen but you do not need to arrange a bank payment. Your carried forward deposit will be applied to your applications, the amount due will update on the dashboard and Philip Wake will send you an invoice for the balance due.
Registration Form (see link below)
All attendees of the LSG International Summer School are required to register and complete the Application Form (click on the Registration Form link highlighted below). This is to ensure that we have all the required information to meet your needs, including accommodation, travel, medical and dietary requirements. This applies to all student families, Faculty, Stewards & Sports Coaches, BSMA staff and Teacher Trainees, Observers, LSG Guests, Visitors and Traders.
When you Submit this registration, it will be acknowledged with a web message and the Login screen will appear. Enter your Email address and Password, then click on Sign in.
Continue filling in the application for yourself as per the detailed guidance (see link below). Please complete it as thoroughly as possible first time through although you can login again at any time up to 1st July to complete or update information e.g. when your travel plans have been finalised. There is now a separate tab on our website for Updating so please go there and click on the Login link.
After completing the Medical section, click on Save and then Submit Your Application. This will return you to your account Dashboard. You can then add more applications for your family members – click on Add Person on the Dashboard screen.
After completing all applications, scroll down to click on Pay Deposit to use the online payment system or click on Payment by Bank Transfer or Cheque on the Dashboard screen. Your applications will then have been submitted. [Faculty members, Stewards & Sports Coaches: please click on Bank Transfer or Cheque to submit even though no payment is required].
Please check your Spam / Junk folder as our emails sometimes go there, and please set our email addresses as trusted in your system avoid on-going Spam / Junk issues.
Step by step Guidance Notes are available to help you Register and complete the Application process. Please contact Philip Wake if you require them to be sent to you or need telephone assistance to complete your application(s): [email protected] or +44 7801 482346.
Please log back into the application form to update/amend bookings that have received a confirmation email from Philip Wake. All updates must be submitted by 1st July but see below for late applications and international travellers.
- All Students are expected to attend the whole course.
- If you are aware in advance that you may have to leave the course for a period of time we would appreciate if you could email us directly (before applying) at [email protected] to advise the reason, exact day and time when you need to leave and when you expect to return.
- Please note that any absences will be taken into consideration when allocating places on the course as absences will disrupt all the Groups the student is involved in.
PLEASE REGISTER HERE TO CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND APPLY:
– all registrations and applications received after the application deadline of 1st May will go onto a Waiting List to be offered places if they become available.
(But a Waiting List will be set up well before this date if parts of the course become over-subscribed, which is still likely. The piano course filled up in 3 days in 2022 and 1.5 days last year.)
After you have registered an account, login again to complete your application(s): https://lsg.fmbetterforms.com/#/login
Use the same Login and password to send your solo video recording by July 3rd or on application after this date (solo concert space not guaranteed for late applicants).
Each student’s top piece must be confirmed by July 1st or on application after this date.
Car registration details must be updated before arrival.
Payment Methods (see also Costs page)
Please pay a deposit of £100 per fee paying person on application by one of the methods shown below.
Your places on the course will not be confirmed until this payment has been received.
Online payment is recommended using the TakePayments/BarclayCard secure system. Click on the Pay Deposit by card box at the bottom of the Application Dashboard screen.
This system can also be used to pay the Balance of fees by 1st June 2024. Log back into the Application Form and click on the Pay Balance box at the bottom of the dashboard screen.
Bank transfer electronic payments should be made to the London Suzuki Group account at:
Lloyds Bank PLC,
64 High Street,
Surrey, KT19 8AT,
Sort Code: 30-80-33
Account number: 23790360
Payments from abroad will need IBAN code: GB69LOYD30803323790360 and/or BIC code: LOYDGB21722.
Please use your Family Group Name as the reference for all payments.
Cheques payments should be made out to the London Suzuki Group and sent to Philip Wake, 43 North Street, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19 1NF
Terms and Conditions
By ticking the Acceptance box and submitting the application form you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions which will apply to the summer school course initially offered and any subsequent summer school or course offered under our Covid-19 Contingency Plans:
- Course Payments and Cancellation Policy
a. Covid-19 Cancellation Terms
- A full refund of your course fees excluding the deposit and less any bank transfer charges will be made if you have to cancel before arrival at the summer school due to a Covid-19 infection within your immediate family or if you are required to self-isolate due to contact with any other Covid-19 infected person. A medical certificate or record of the self-isolation notification will be required to support your refund claim.
- A full refund of your course fees excluding the deposit and less any bank transfer charges will be made if you are unable to travel to or from the summer school due to government restrictions banning such travel. Please note that government advice not to travel does not constitute a valid claim under this clause.
- In both the above cases, your deposit will be forfeit to the summer school as an administration charge to cover the work already undertaken to plan your participation in the course.
- No refund will be due if you or any of your party fall ill or test positive after arrival at the summer school.
b. Standard Payment and Cancellation Terms
- Please pay £100 per fee-paying person as a deposit on registering (if your booking cannot be confirmed due to the course being full, your deposit will be refunded in full).
- Your places will not be confirmed until the complete deposit payment is received and you are sent an invoice showing the balance to pay.
- Please pay the balance of fees by 1st June 2024.
- If you apply for places or book additional services (e.g. travel or excursion places) after 1st June, please pay in full on application, unless advised otherwise by Philip Wake.
- Cancellation (non-Covid-19 related) after your place(s) have been confirmed and by 1st June 2024 will result in the loss of your Deposit, if your place(s) cannot be filled.
- Cancellation from 1st June 2024 onwards will result in the loss of your Deposit.
- Cancellation after 1st July 2024 will result in the loss of your fee payments if your place(s) cannot be filled from the Waiting List.
- Please ensure that any bank transfer charges (normally at least £7) are added to your payment so that we receive the full amount due.
- Any refund that we make will be after deduction of any bank transfer charges (normally £15 at our bank).
- Considerate behaviour is expected of all course participants at all times.
- Please take full responsibility for the children you bring while on the Bryanston School site and on an excursion trip.
- Please take full responsibility for your child or children when using the swimming pool or equipment in the Sports Centre.
- Ensure that your teenage child or children, whether accompanied or unaccompanied on the course, understand the requirement for good and considerate behaviour, and the absolute zero tolerance of their use of alcohol, drugs or any form of smoking. They must carry out the instructions of the Teenage House wardens and other course staff. The LSG reserves the right to require teenagers breaking these rules to leave the course during the week and to ban such teenagers from attending the course in future.
- You will be held responsible for any damage you or your child or children cause to the property of Bryanston School or the LSG, and the cost of repair or replacement will be charged to you.
- Videoing and Photography
There will not be an official video recording team at the summer school in 2023 as the cost has become prohibitive. However, there will be a photographer on-campus during the week.
- You authorise the London Suzuki Group to use photographic and video images of your child or children for recognition, training or promotional purposes.
- However, if you do not wish your child to be photographed or videoed, you may opt out by ticking the ‘Opt Out’ box on their application.
- You may video record you own child’s performance and share it publicly if you wish, but you are requested and expected to be as unobtrusive as possible whilst videoing.
- You may not video or photograph children from other families unless you have obtained the permission of their parent beforehand.
- You may not video members of the faculty without their permission.
- Privacy and Data Protection